< session />
15 Best Practices for Designing Enterprise RESTful APIs in the Cloud
Wed, 26 April, 11:00 AM GMT+5:30 |
API Gateway is a way to connect real world cloud-ready applications. New applications need to design the data model and create public APIs to be consumed by mobile apps, third party apps, and different devices. We will explore best practices, which you must adopt to be cloud ready. Firstly, we will examine how contract first API development is helping enable more extensible and reliable APIs. Next, we will look at
We will ask tough questions during this design session.
- How to provide security? What are best practices to authenticate?
- When should we version APIs? Should we use HATEOS for developing APIs?
- How to support internationalization?
- How to publish and maintain APIs?
We will take deep dive into following areas:
- RESTful APIs design patterns:
- Principles for designing APIs, Hypermedia, Entity tags caching, filtering, Partial items, HAL
- API versioning techniques:
- URI path, URI parameter, Content Negotiation, Request header
- API Security:
- Threats, Protecting APIs, Authentication, API Keys: How they work? SAML, OAuth and JSON Web Tokens
- API Gateway:
- Customer driven contract development
- API testing:
- SoapUI, Postman
< speaker_info />
About the speaker
Senior Architect & Expert in Cloud-Native Solutions
Rohit Bhardwaj is a Senior Architect/Consultant working at Salesforce. He has extensive experience in architecting multi-tenant cloud-native solutions for enterprise customers. Rohit has proven ability in designing solutions and executing and deliver...